Choose your country

Or view all businesses for sale



The Cherry Tree Franchise In Cornwall For Sale

Asking Price:
Sales Revenue:
Cash Flow:

This attractive franchise is a wholesaler and retailer of high quality hand-made, award winning preserves, produced by the franchisor and supplied under licence. The territory covers both the whole of Cornwall and North Devon and is run by a husband and wife team on a part-time basis from a home office.

The franchisor has been established 22 years, operates from a production unit in Somerset and provides marketing support, including website, attractive branding, brochures and point of sale material, in addition to the product range.

The Devon & Cornwall franchise currently generates annual sales of around £40,000, of which c. 80% is generated via direct retail at shows and events, with the remaining 20% wholesale orders to around 40 retailers and caterers. The level of sales reflects the lifestyle approach adopted by the current owners, in large part as a result of health issues (the business generated sales of £108,000 in 2015). There are therefore significant growth opportunities including adopting the fuller Cherry Tree range that includes cheeses and biscuits, in addition to the preserve range. There are also development opportunities on the retail side, including attending more shows and the wholesale side by increasing the geographic area supported, within the Cornwall and North Devon franchise territory.

Current sales of £40,000 generate net profits of £8,000. The guide price for assets and goodwill is £17,950 plus stock at value (estimated at around £2,000). The vendor will accept an element of deferred payment.

Franchise Information

Franchise opportunity:

Franchise Resale

Other Information

Home based:
This business can be run from home.
This business can be relocated.

Contact Information

  1. Optional
  2. Country

  1. Optional
  1. What will happen?

    We will pass a copy of your enquiry information, along with the name of the business you enquired on to finance specialists Rangewell. They will contact you in due course about financing your business purchase.

  2. What will I receive? is committed to protecting your privacy. Ticking this box means you are consenting to us sending you marketing emails.

    You will receive newsletters, updates and offers about business and franchise opportunities. We will also send you information about related business and franchise events.

    You can change your mind at any time by clicking unsubscribe in the footer of our emails.

    Find out more about what we do with your information in our privacy policy.

By submitting this form, you confirm that you agree to our Terms and Conditions. Please note that will send the above details to For more information about how we use your data, read our privacy policy.

Selling your business?

If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.

Sell Your Business

Are you a Business Owner?

Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing today

Get Started Here

Are you a Business Broker?

Set up your BrokerWeb Account and list multiple businesses

Get Started Here