Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market, Curzon’s.
Curzon’s specialises in the import and sale of Chinese goods, Oriental and bespoke furniture. The business stocks a range of quality Chinese’s products ranging from:
• Furniture to original art work
• Arts and crafts, clothes
• Garden stoneware
• Wood products
• Terracotta Warriors
• Stone and wood carvings
• Chinese Screens, Panels, Doors and Windows.
The business was founded by the current owners in 1999 and has been a real labour of love. The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only so the owners can enjoy a well-earned retirement. Curzon’s sells its products primarily through the company website and has built up a considerable number of regular customers over the years.
The sale of Curzon’s will include the company website (---------------.--.--) and the business enjoys good visibility on the internet. The current owners are keen to see this already thriving business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take it to the next level.
This great little business could be run initially, on a part time basis so would perhaps suit a stay at home Parent or could be run alongside a full-time job to generate a useful second income.
The business is being sold as a relocatable business and a new owner will need to provide their own storage facilities or perhaps a retail unit. There is the possibility of purchasing a 61 reg van by separate negotiation if required by a new owner.
Scope to Improve:
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Maximise the use of social media particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Update the existing website to include an e-commerce facility
• Open a retail store
• Attend Antique shows, fairs and exhibitions
• Canvass independent retailers with a view to becoming a preferred supplier
Reasons to Buy:
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
• Ideal owner managed or husband and wife business
• Current owner happy to offer a handover and mentoring to ensure the continued success
• A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, current owners have been running at a pace to suit.
• Could be run from anywhere in the country, indeed the World.
• Includes website and all social media platforms
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
Curzon’s is currently located in Birmingham in the West Midlands, but the business is being sold as a relocatable one and could feasibly be run from anywhere in the UK, in fact the world.
The business is being sold as a relocatable one and a new owner would need to provide storage space to hold stock.
A van may be available by separate negotiations.
To suit a new owner
The business is run and managed by our two clients.
Curzon’s generated an advised turnover of circa £34,000 as of the 2017 accounts with a gross profit of 71% and an adjusted net profit of approximately £15,000.
The business is currently being run at a pace to suit and has enjoyed higher turnover previously.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business