Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Great Potential! Strategic Downtown Location! Seller's Highly Motivated! Make offer!
This independent Dollar Plus Store has been established now for over 3 years with the current owner. Because it is not a franchise there is no transfer fee involved with its purchase. Its multiple revenue stream consists of selling groceries, household items, lotto, ATM, etc. Steady growth in sales by supplying local residents, neighboring businesses and shops in the downtown area. Owner has kept accurate books and records. Business started in November of 2015.
This particular industry consists of establishments that are primarily engaged in retailing new goods in general merchandise stores (I.e., except department stores, warehouse clubs, superstores, and supercenters). These establishments retail a general line of new merchandise, such as apparel, automotive parts, dry goods, hardware, groceries, housewares or home furnishings, and other lines in limited amounts, with none of the lines predominating. Seller is seeking a quick offer for this strategically located dollar store that has a lot of potential for the right owner/operator based on its prime downtown location as this business benefits from its downtown location with a high amount of passing trade. Also, other complimentary businesses located in the area provide for a higher number of walk-in customers.
* Asking Price has been dropped in order to sell now!
* Gross Revenue shown is the computed average of the 2 year period from 2017 thru 2018 as reported on the seller's tax returns.
* Inventory & FF&E shown are approximate as reported by the seller.
* All information, data, financials, valuations, appraisals, etc. must be verified by the buyer’s independent professional advisors before putting any money at risk as the broker makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the complete accuracy of this information obtained from the seller.
* Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is required. The seller’s financial data is confidential & will only be disclosed to qualified buyers with a signed NDA in place.
* For more information please contact broker or email us.
Current lease runs thru 11/30/2020.
3,642 per Month per annum
This business benefits from its downtown location with a high amount of passing trade. Also, other complimentary businesses located in the area provide for a higher number of walk-in customers!
5,400 square foot store that's fairly new. List of Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment available on request.
* There seems to be a downward pressure on profitability, but dollar stores in general are expanding into higher priced and higher margin items.
* The industry model keeps labor costs low.
* Not too difficult to replicate, resulting in easy entry for new owners.
* Needs a large amount of inventory; thus, the larger the store, the better the variety and the sales.
* Easy replication results in low entry barriers/costs for competitors, resulting in a possible squeeze in profit margins down the road for established owners.
* Very easy to operate; mom-and-pop operators are moving in at great speed; mostly an all cash business.
The El Paso area (i.e., like most metro areas in the USA) has a lot of dollar and thrift stores scattered around the area. The buyer of this independent Dollar Plus Store would need to differentiate itself from the other thrift-like stores in the area by stressing its near downtown location and also by offering on-site deals to increase the amount of walk-in traffic as people shop nearby stores. In addition, more structured advertising should help in this differentiation effort, especially if it gets coupled with coupons and “on sale” announcements for particular items designed to increase the foot traffic into the store, etc.
* With the increase in competition, profit margins must be looked into carefully.
* Sells easily, as mom-and-pops types are moving in, and it's day hours only.
* Very competitive market as more diversification and the astute marketers are moving to the $1 to $5 price spread.
The biggest thing that would need to be done by a buyer would be to reduce the extraneous operating expenses that the current owner accrues. The business is not making a net operating profit yet due to its excessive operating costs, but it’s currently able to make a gross profit (or margin) after its cost of goods sold are subtracted from its gross revenue (or sales). So a lot of the current operating cost items would either need to be eliminated or at least reduced. Also, more advertising should help, especially if coupled with coupons and “on sale” announcements for particular items designed to increase the foot traffic into the store, etc.
Seller needs to relocate back home due to family obligations.
9:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday thru Saturday;
10:30 am to 6:30 pm Sunday.
Seller will train Buyer for 2 weeks at no cost. No special skills are required to run this store. Seller will introduce Buyer to vendors and repeat customers and will also train Buyer on the automated system for monitoring and ordering inventory, etc.
Owner will seller-finance with 50% down, with the remaining balance payable on a monthly monthly over 5 years at 5% interest.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business